cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Knives at Noon and CC

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Jane Hornibrrook" <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Knives at Noon and CC
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:02:53 +1200

For anyone who is interested, the Kiwi band 'Knives at Noon' will be
appearing on Nighline, Channel 3 tonight (Friday).

This band relies on CC licenses to make and distribute their music
around the world. They will be discussing the benefits of their own
Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand license, and how
Creative Commons can help musicians like them. I've been keeping in
touch with Knives at Noon who are very keen to spread the CC message
throughout their tour of NZ this month in all their live shows and
media gigs.

I understand that the Nightline section will feature band members and
their work, people who sample their music and some encouraging words
from me on behalf of CC Aotearoa New Zealand.

Regards

Jane Hornibrook

  • [Cc-nz] Knives at Noon and CC, Jane Hornibrrook, 05/08/2008