cc-nz - [Cc-nz] public discussion

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Catharina Maracke <catharina AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] public discussion
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:29:03 +0200

Dear all!

Welcome to the discussion of the Creative Commons licenses for New Zealand!

It's my great pleasure to introduce you to Dr. Brian Opie our project lead, and the legal team: Associate Professor Susy Frankel, Andrew Matangi and Paul Sumpter.

Please feel free to review, comment, and make suggestions to things that will help the licenses comply with New Zealand law. The role of the discussion is to start the public debate and to make the least amount of changes necessary to bring the license into accord with New Zealand law. Also, please feel free to ask general questions about the licenses in the cc-mailing list

Part of the fun of this discussion will be, I hope, that we get to compare the quirks and eccentricities of our respective nations' copyright laws.

We expect the archived discussions to serve as a history of this experience. That way, your input will continue be useful to anyone from any country even after the discussion for New Zealand is completed.

I am very much looking forward to a fruitful and open discussion!

Thank you very much.

All the best,

Catharina

Catharina Maracke
Director, Creative Commons International
Gipsstrasse 12
10119 Berlin
Phone: +49-30-28 09 39 09
Fax: +49-30-28 09 39 10