cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] CC NZ launch

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Brian Opie" <Brian.Opie AT vuw.ac.nz>
  • To: <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] CC NZ launch
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:22:13 +1300

Kia ora List Members

I have just had an extended conversation with Paul Sumpter concerning the
legal work required to make the CC licences available for the launch. CCi
requires another body of information about NZ law which we did not take into
account in our estimate of the work required to get us to the launch day.

I am putting planning on hold until Paul has had a chance to look more
closely at what will be required. But it is highly likely that we will have
to postpone the launch.

Please do not circulate the information I sent out earlier.

This is regrettable, but it is critical that the launch proceeeds on the
basis of fully completed documentation.

Brian

> Dr Brian Opie
Executive Director
> Te Whainga Aronui
> The Council for the Humanities
> P O Box 10-693
> Wellington
>
> telephone [w] +64 4 472 9488 or +64 4 463 6812
> [h] +64 4 971 6016
> fax +64 4 463 5148
> web http://www.humanities.org.nz
> hrn http://www.humanitiesresearch.net

  • [Cc-nz] CC NZ launch, Brian Opie, 01/23/2007
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [Cc-nz] CC NZ launch, Brian Opie, 01/23/2007