cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Plans for the year

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT riseup.net>
  • To: cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Plans for the year
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:55:37 +1300

Kia ora koutou

Well another summer solstice and gregorian new year have passed a particularly beautiful full moon. Time now to start thinking about how we are going to get our Creative Commons project rolling. There are a number of things I think could be helpful:

1) get a domain - a subdomain (eg NZ.creativecommons.org) and/ or a local domain (eg creativecommons.org.nz)
2) get the beginnings of a site up, linking to relevant parts of creativecommons.org and including some text on our goals
3) find a copyright lawyer who is willing to join the team and oversee the license translation process
4) start talking to artists about CC licenses, their benefits and how they work

Although it would be good to have involvement from people around the country I hope there will be a lot of folx in Poneke keen to get involved and I am thinking about getting regular face-to-face meetings going once I settle down there at the end of Feb. I'm also thinking about organising regular benefit gigs, as much for the sake of publicity as fundraising but I'm sure if we rack our brains we can think of something that we will need cash eventually. Photocopying has a good tendancy to hoover up quite a bit for example.

Please remember to invite people interested in CC to join this list and throw in their ideas and especially what time/ skills they can offer and what tasks they can take on.

RnB
Strypey

--
"People in an owned world are owned."
- Ken Macleod, "The Cassini Division"

mobile: 021 11 77 578 Community Webspace: http://www.enzyme.org.nz/
Artist Rights: http://www.creativecommons.org/

Thunderbird instead of Outlook Express. Windows on a PC
block viruses like windows on a house block sunlight ;)

  • [Cc-nz] Plans for the year, Danyl Strype, 01/15/2006