cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] Where's the machine code?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: lucas AT gonze.com, discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] Where's the machine code?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:19:37 -0400

Lucas Gonze wrote:
Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> Lucas Gonze wrote:
>> A relevant digression -- The RDF library for the console tools isn't
>> building on my OS X box. Given that the RDF/XML-in-HTML style isn't
>> going to be used anymore, the relevant fix is probably to disable all
>> the hooks into that library.
>
> Which RDF library is that? The cli_tools package from CC, or it's
> dependency, rdflib?

rdflib. Here's the build trace:

Ah; not a problem with building, but a problem with resolving the particular version in the Python Package Index. I've updated the buildout definition in Subversion, so you should be able to get past that error. Note, however, that I'm still not confident about the state of the scripts -- the test I did worked, but the cli tools are missing a good test suite at this point.

$ ./bin/buildout
buildout: Develop: /Users/lucas/proj/cclicense/cli-tools/.
zc.buildout.easy_install: Getting new distribution for zc.recipe.egg
zc.buildout.easy_install: Got zc.recipe.egg 1.0.0b6
buildout: Installing cli_tools
zc.buildout.easy_install: Getting new distribution for cctagutils>=0.5a2
zc.buildout.easy_install: Got cctagutils 0.5a2
zc.buildout.easy_install: Getting new distribution for ccrdf>=0.6a4
zc.buildout.easy_install: Got ccrdf 0.6a4
zc.buildout.easy_install: Getting new distribution for rdflib==2.3.3
While:
Installing cli_tools
Getting distribution for rdflib==2.3.3
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for rdflib==2.3.3.