cc-metadata - [cc-metadata] EXIF metadata

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Jaime Frutos Morales" <acidborg AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-metadata] EXIF metadata
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 00:28:01 +0200

I'm new to this list, so hi you all!

I've searched the wiki for an EXIF metadata specification but I
haven't found any. Do you have any standard way of embeding CC
licenses in EXIF metadata?

There is a "Copyright" field which could be used to embed the CC
license. Any comments about this?

I'm interested in this because I'm planning to write a patch for EOG
(Gnome's image view program) to support CC licenses. At the moment,
I've only found an image metadata specification for SVG (and possibly
EXIF). Is there any other image format which supports embedded CC
licenses?

Thanks.
--
Jaime Frutos Morales