cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] XMP in PDF

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] XMP in PDF
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:33:45 -0700

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 17:47 +0200, Enrico Masala wrote:
> I just want to let you know that I wrote a simple Java program that is
> able to insert (and show) the Creative Commons License info into the XMP
> stream of a PDF file.
> This has been mainly developed for the Linux platform, but since it is
> written in Java, it can run on every platform.
> You can find all the details, and the code, on my home page at:
>
> http://multimedia.polito.it/masala/public/pdf_creative_commons_license.html
>
> Enrico

This is very cool! I posted it up here:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/PDF#Implementations

Please add any notes to that above link which can help out!

Awesome...are you going to take on some more challenges for embedding
into other file types? That would be great.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon AT rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon AT gristle.org
IRC: rejon AT irc.freenode.net

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
Creative Commons (www.creativecommons.org)
San Francisco Art Institute (www.sfai.edu)

  • Re: [cc-metadata] XMP in PDF, Jon Phillips, 07/05/2006