cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] my blogsite seems to be rejected by nutch

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Sławek <s7awek AT public-files.de>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] my blogsite seems to be rejected by nutch
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:21:01 +0200

Hello Mike,

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:00:06 +0200, <cc-metadata-request AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

The nutch-based index is not being maintained. When Google and Yahoo!
crawl your pages they should be added to their CC searches which you can
access via http://creativecommons.org/find/

thanks a lot for your reply. this explains a lot now. i had to move my blog to another site, just to get the rdf embedding right. i know google and yahoo don't rely on the rdf data, only nutch at cc does. this was much effort for me. but there is still much to gain from my new site.

it's a pity the nutch search isn't maintained anymore. i thought this was a great idea, since it enforces license embedding in a very useful way.

cheers
slawek

--
home: http://s7awek.blogspot.com