cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] continuing brainstorm - installing licenses by default into operating systems

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "artist art exhibit" <artist.exhibit AT gmail.com>
  • To: "discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work" <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>, Alex Roberts <alex AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] continuing brainstorm - installing licenses by default into operating systems
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:41:37 -0700

Jon, verrry nice contribution.
did you submit to slashdot... you'd get some press maybe

On 5/1/06, Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org> wrote:
Alright all, I just filled out a possible spec for howto have licensing
installed into operating system by default:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Licenses_in_Operating_Systems_Specification

Here are the associated challenges:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Include_licenses_in_operating_systems

I realized that there is a need for this type of thing in order to build
the large scale publishing and finding on the desktop.

Yet again, thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. They are just ideas,
not officially CC-backed and would be great to get more eyes on...

Ok, time to go swim...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips