cc-metadata - [cc-metadata] New open, save/publish dialog GUI mockups

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • To: "cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>, Alex Roberts <alex AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: [cc-metadata] New open, save/publish dialog GUI mockups
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 13:28:53 -0700

Hello all,

I got addicted to creating mockups last night for great strategies to
getting CC licensing and metadata into the desktop. The following
mockups show good strategies for adding licensing and metadata editing
directly to the desktop (example are constructed to resemble the common
GTK+ file chooser, but are not limited to this domain):

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Publishing_of_CC_licensed_Content_within_Desktop

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Finding_of_CC_licensed_Content_within_Desktop

Please add your own ideas to the wiki and if you are really thrifty, put
your ideas down on that wiki for how to implement this. If you are
majorly thrifty, then implement some code for this and be a star ;)

After I get some feedback on these, I will blog about them.

Oh, the mockup graphic files for the gimp (xcf) are available here:
http://rejon.org/freelance/creativecommons/img/mockups/

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon AT rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon AT gristle.org
IRC: rejon AT irc.freenode.net

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
Creative Commons (www.creativecommons.org)
San Francisco Art Institute (www.sfai.edu)

  • [cc-metadata] New open, save/publish dialog GUI mockups, Jon Phillips, 05/01/2006