cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] [cc-community] LimeWire releases beta with CC publishing capability

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org, tolsen718 AT gmail.com
  • Cc: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] [cc-community] LimeWire releases beta with CC publishing capability
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:39:36 -0700

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 12:41 -0400, Tim Olsen wrote:
> LimeWire has released a beta version of it's file-sharing application
> with support for publishing mp3 and ogg files under a Creative Commons
> license. This version (4.9.31) of LimeWire supports adding the
> appropriate metadata to mp3 and ogg files and generating RDF that the
> user can manually insert into a verification page.
>
> Feel free to try it out and provide feedback on this mailing list
> (which I monitor) or in the LimeWire forums at
> <http://www.limewire.com/english/content/forum_intro.shtml>.
>
> The beta can be downloaded from:
> <http://www.limewire.com/english/content/beta.shtml>

This is fantastic. I'm eager to test this after some travel early next
week.

I'm cc'ing cc-metadata, as that is where most of the discussions
concerning "media" and CC metadata has taken place in the past.

Thanks!
Mike

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21

  • Re: [cc-metadata] [cc-community] LimeWire releases beta with CC publishing capability, Mike Linksvayer, 10/05/2005