cc-metadata - PHP parser for CC metadata

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: mikemcm AT ihug.co.nz
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: PHP parser for CC metadata
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:24:47 +1200

I've written a PHP class called ccParse for parsing Creative
Commons metadata out of an HTML page. This is for my PASTA
(Personally Assembled Short Text Anthologies) project,
basically Rip, Mix, Burn for short texts such as poems,
articles, blog entries, short stories or essays. (Instead of
a CD you end up with a PDF which includes the CC license
information.)
You can download the ccParse code from
http://www.csidemedia.com/make_pasta.php.
It uses the third party DOM script DOMIT from
http://www.engageinteractive.com/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=3606&Itemid=10137
(because of the difference in DOM support between PHP 4 and
PHP 5), but doesn't require any extensions. It would be
quite easy to rewrite in PHP 5 if you didn't require PHP 4
support, and then you wouldn't need the third party script.

  • PHP parser for CC metadata, mikemcm, 04/25/2005