cc-metadata - Re: Linking the licenses to alternate representations

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Linking the licenses to alternate representations
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:00:39 -0700

Evan Prodromou wrote:
Now that we've got intelligent web crawlers covered, how about a version suitable for distributing along with works, as is mentioned in the license texts themselves?

Nobody knows how to do this. The only examples given are using the URI for the licenses.

Adding examples of including the license with the work is on our TODO list, along with examples of the attribution URI allowed by the 2.0 licenses.

Long term I plan to provide text and other renditions of canonical license.xml files as mentioned in <https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2004-July/000987.html>.

Sorry I can't give you ETAs. You or someone might help by creating examples as Greg London did for 2.0 attribution over on cc-community (dominant thread in <https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-community/2004-July/>).

Thanks for your patient reminders,
Mike