cc-metadata - Re: Notation3

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Notation3
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:53:13 -0700

Evan Prodromou wrote:
So, has anyone played around with Notation3?

I can't say I've really played with it, but I've looked at enough of it, and take a look at every new proposed RDF serialization. This brand new document is comprehensive AFAIK:

http://www.fakeroot.net/sw/rdf-formats/

I'm thinking it'd be a nice alternative to the RDF/XML-in-a-comment
method used for CC data.

I'm skeptical. I'm eager to remove the comment hack, but I think we're stuck with XML-based formats for publishing/interchange.

...and the full CC metadata could be augmented with that info. (Note
that this would only be useful for stuff that the Wiki engine couldn't
figure out itself.)

Non-XML RDF formats are great for quick writing (or rather XML formats suck) and as suck would be good for editing RDF explicitly in a wiki, if you wanted to do that. But just as wiki markup is used to generate HTML for display...

  • Notation3, Evan Prodromou, 07/09/2004
    • Re: Notation3, Mike Linksvayer, 07/10/2004