cc-metadata - Re: CC metadata in OpenOffice.org/OASIS documents

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: CC metadata in OpenOffice.org/OASIS documents
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:44:42 -0500

I was originally going to name it OpenOffice.org (or OOo). Then I read the article in this month's Linux Journal (unfortunatly not available online yet) about the OASIS Open Office XML format and how it was sort of the standards-body successor to the OOo format. So I thought OASIS would be more specific, but I definitly see your point; OASIS does a lot more than the Open Office XML format. Does anyone have thoughts about a better name? oasisoffice? oasisopenoffice?

Aaron Swartz wrote:

* Should talk to Aaron about making this
http://web.resource.org/cc/modules/oasis

OASIS has an awful lot of formats -- a more specific name would be better.