cc-metadata - Re: possible readability issue

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: possible readability issue
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:54:34 -0400

Ryan Booker wrote:
Most apps that I've seen dispaly the copyright field as a single line,
including media player in windows, winamp, zinf etc. All the license
and verification url aren't going to be visible or clickable.

The url need to be an active link and immediately visible to users.

Ideally embedded license claim info would be immediately visible and included URLs clickable. However, filename and perhaps artist/track name are typically the only immediately visible metadata values, and none that I've seen are formatted to make links active. RealPlayer does the best job of displaying TCOP that I've seen -- it wraps the value on multiple lines.