cc-metadata - Re: Metadata in .mov files?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Lisa Rein <lisarein AT finetuning.com>
  • To: Adam Conover <adam AT tweebiscuit.net>
  • Cc: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Metadata in .mov files?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:18:45 -0700

Hi Adam,

1) The movies themselves - yes! I think that putting the URL for the license in the film itself is always fun -- or even just showing the logo.

I'm pointing it to a URL with the license info in my TV show, for what it's worth.

I've been experimenting with including Creative Commons URLs in different types of file formats for some time, but it's very application-specific how to handle it.

What program are you generating your .mov files in? If you tell me that, I can try to recommend something.

Thanks,

Lisa Rein
(Founding Technical Architect, Creative Commons)