cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] BY-SA and GPLv3 compatibility announcement

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org, Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] BY-SA and GPLv3 compatibility announcement
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 09:25:57 -0500

Apologies for cross-posting, but we're extremely pleased to announce that, as of today, CC BY-SA 4.0 is now one-way compatible with the GPLv3. This is the result of extensive collaboration and analysis with the Free Software Foundation and our community. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the process.

The full announcement is here, and the full analysis is on the CC wiki

best,
Sarah

Sarah Hinchliff Pearson
Senior Counsel, Creative Commons