cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] ShareAlike compatibility process and criteria published

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Kat Walsh <kat AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike compatibility process and criteria published
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 10:10:29 -0700

This is now published:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/ShareAlike_compatibility_process_and_criteria

Along with it, we have also updated the Compatible Licenses page to
reflect what is compatible with each license, and what may change in
the future:

https://creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses

Since the criteria and process are published, we are now open to
proposals. However, we already have two planned for the near future
which we will propose: the Free Art License and the GPL. (This is
probably not a surprise to most people following the list!) We have
been corresponding with the stewards of those licenses to let them
know our intentions, and will put those forward in the near future.
These are the most obvious candidates that we've identified, and we
hope to test our process with these as we put them forward for BY-SA
compatibility.

Cheers,
Kat

--
Kat Walsh, Counsel, Creative Commons
IM/IRC/@/etc: mindspillage * phone: please email first

  • [cc-licenses] ShareAlike compatibility process and criteria published, Kat Walsh, 06/04/2014