cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike compatibility process and criteria: your comments wanted

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Puneet Kishor <punkish AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike compatibility process and criteria: your comments wanted
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 18:03:12 -0700

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Kat Walsh <kat AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
In part the scope doesn't matter, if there is a problem: in principle,
we should be working to reduce friction where we know it exists
unnecessarily, to prevent problems from developing (or worsening).

But in part this is a question I want to turn around and ask others
here, who may have a better picture (especially those who are
currently publishing or reusing works under other potentially-
compatible licenses): what is your view of the scope of this
problem?

Can't respond to the scope, but agree with the sentiment in the first para above. If the problem exists then the size or scope of problem doesn't matter. If someone asks about compatibility, I want to be able to say the licenses are compatible. Such a question was raised at the RDA Plenary in Dublin in March, and the lack of compatibility was noted.

--
Puneet Kishor