cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] How are copyright notices marked on a CC license?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Tarmo Toikkanen <tarmo.toikkanen AT aalto.fi>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] How are copyright notices marked on a CC license?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:51:36 +0200

I’m unable to find a satisfying answer in the wiki, so I’m bothering the list.

The 4.0 version of the licenses, 3(a)1A says as follows:
===
retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed Material:
identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any others designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor (including by pseudonym if designated);
a copyright notice;
a notice that refers to this Public License;
a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
===

The license chooser cannot be used to add
- the copyright notice
- disclaimer of warranties

So, if one would like to add those, how are they supposed to be added to RDFa, XMP, textual, and other representations of the license? Or are they just added as separate notices, somehow close to the actual published and licensed content? Best practices?

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
tarmo.toikkanen AT aalto.fi