cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Rant about CC licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Rant about CC licenses
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 06:08:54 -0800

Hi Mitar,

Appreciate the thought you've obviously given this topic.  As you may know, there was a somewhat similar suggestion raised early on in the 4.0 versioning process.

We have thought a little bit about springing licenses or other mechanisms that move toward greater freedoms, even possibly the public domain.  But our thinking has been early stage only.  We plan to explore those ideas in more depth in 2014 now that 4.0 has been published.

For purposes of furthering this discussion, you should post your comment to the cc-community list and see where it goes.  5.0 is a long ways off.  I will redirect any further comments on this topic to that list for the time being.

Best,
Diane