cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] 4.0: misc changes and date for closing public discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] 4.0: misc changes and date for closing public discussion
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:51:33 -0700

Hi everyone,

We've updated the html on the staging server to reflect a few changes, none of which should be controversial:
  • Updated the definition of Share to specifically reference importation. This is an exclusive right granted authors in many countries.  While we believe it ought already be construed as a permission granted under all six licenses, upon close inspection we've decided to make it unambiguous.
  • Language improvements (miscellaneous) to the introductory section on Using Creative Commons licenses.
  • In section 2, we separated and made independent the requirements that you retain a link to the license and retain a disclaimer of warranties, to avoid any argument that the requirements were interdependent.
Updated html:

With this, we will be formally closing the public comment period on 4.0 this Friday, November 1st, subject only to a final hard proof reading here at HQ.  We will be sharing our launch plans for 4.0 then.

best,
Diane