cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] minor textual changes

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] minor textual changes
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:21:07 -0700

We received input from an affiliate team off-list, which has sparked us to make a few minor edits to the license. Those changes will be reflected in the html versions soon, but we also wanted to report about them on-list.

The first change is to edit the phrase "Your Adapter's License" to "the Adapter's License You apply." There are four places in the license where this phrase is used. The change is designed to avoid any interpretation that "Your Adapter's License" is somehow different from the "Adapter's License" as defined.

The second change is to add "to the extent possible" to Section 5(c), so that it is consistent with Sections 5(a-b).

Other suggestions relating to Section 2(a)(5) will be addressed in a separate thread on that particular issue.

best,
Sarah

  • [cc-licenses] minor textual changes, Sarah Pearson, 09/26/2013