cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Update and reinstate CC SA 1.0 or debug and launch Libre Puro Licence (was re Attribution and forbidding accurate credit)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Kim Tucker <kctucker AT gmail.com>
  • To: Anthony <osm AT inbox.org>, cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Update and reinstate CC SA 1.0 or debug and launch Libre Puro Licence (was re Attribution and forbidding accurate credit)
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 16:56:02 +0200

Hi all,

I have changed the subject as this is turning into a separate thread (or
two!).

Anthony:

You are right the changes required from SA 1.0 to 4.0 seem to be minimal.

If _nothing_ substantial needs to be changed, then the recommendation
not to use the license here -
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sa/1.0/ - can simply be removed.

Regarding what specifically needs to change in CC SA 1.0, see this
draft on the wiki which illustrates a draft SA 4.0 matching the draft
3s of the other 4.0 licenses:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC_SA_4.0

Comment welcome.

> I guess you could call it [Libre Puro License] copyleft
> if you trust whoever defines "the Libre Knowledge Definition"
> to always properly define copyleft.

> I don't.

> Also, the really drastic difference between
> SA-1.0 and LPL is that LPL lets you add restrictions,
> so long as they're restrictions which are signed off
> by the people who define the LKD.
> SA-1.0 doesn't allow you to add restrictions.

If I understand you correctly, I think your point is that the licence
should not refer to the freedoms via an external link with content
which might change independently of the licence.
I have noted this on the discussion page:
http://wikieducator.org/Talk:Libre_Puro_License#lqt_thread_11850 and
updated the third bullet in the LPL.
Thanks

Kim

PS Libre Puro Licence discussions should probably continue here:
http://wikieducator.org/Talk:Libre_Puro_License
rather than on this list.