cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] SA Provision and Games

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Matthew Lagoe <cyberempires AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] SA Provision and Games
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:30:24 -0700

Currently the language is "...where the Work is a musical work, performance, or phonogram, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image is an Adaptation."

One of the major issues for me and the community I work with is that the wording of the CC-SA liscense is such that it unknown if it would apply to the use of a work in a game, the stance of CC is that using the art in a game requires that the other art is shared however it is not clear enough for everyone who reads it to come to that conclusion.

I recommend modifying the above line to something like: "...where the Work is a musical work, pictorial work, performance, or phonogram, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image is an Adaptation."

Unless someone can come up with a better phrase I recommend pictorial because it not only helps cover games but it also helps cover video as well. (Which is another issue some people have had)

  • [cc-licenses] SA Provision and Games, Matthew Lagoe, 08/22/2012