cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] by-nc-sa draft and GPL compatibility of by-sa

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab AT web.de>
  • To: Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] by-nc-sa draft and GPL compatibility of by-sa
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:11:05 +0200

Am Montag, 18. Juni 2012, 14:44:01 schrieb Christopher Allan Webber:
> Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab AT web.de> writes:
> > My specific point is to already take care about GPL compatibility
> > while drafting nc-sa.
>
> Ah, I see. I misread this initially; I thought you were talking about
> how BY-NC-SA was being drafted as the first license on which the other
> licenses will be subsequently drafted from.
>
> I don't think that GPL compatibility will be considered for BY-NC-SA;
> BY-NC-SA is not a free license, and there's little incentive to get
> things to work there. I think this would be simply too problematic for
> the following reasons:

That’s not what I meant. I meant if the intended GPL compatibility of cc by-sa
is already taken into account while drafting cc by-nc-sa for all sections
which should be shared among nc-sa and sa.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Ich hab' nichts zu verbergen – hab ich gedacht:

- http://draketo.de/licht/lieder/ich-hab-nichts-zu-verbergen

  • Re: [cc-licenses] by-nc-sa draft and GPL compatibility of by-sa, Arne Babenhauserheide, 07/04/2012