cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Drafting update; notes from affiliate conversations

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Drafting update; notes from affiliate conversations
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:38:21 -0700

Hi everyone,

In regional calls held with our affiliates in May, we sought input on draft 1 of 4.0.  We are publishing a comprehensive set of anonymized notes from those calls, sorted by region.  We hope that you find the compilation of comments as valuable as we do.

In terms of next steps in the 4.0 versioning process, we are busy working on 4.0d2.  Our current plan is to publish 4.0d2 mid-July.  With draft 2, we expect to be close to settled direction on some of the policy issues that have been vetted on this list and presented on the wiki and in related communications.  That said, open policy issues will remain, and we will be turning our attention to those between draft 2 and draft 3.

We will send out more information as we ready draft 2 for publication.  Thanks for the very productive input received to date on this list!

Diane

  • [cc-licenses] Drafting update; notes from affiliate conversations, Diane Peters, 06/25/2012