cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] moderation note

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] moderation note
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 20:43:03 -0800

I just forwarded several messages in the moderation queue that do not
explicitly address 4.0 to cc-community.

I urge you to make an effort to explicitly address proposed 4.0
changes (of course feel free to make new concrete proposals),
preferably with substantial explanation of why your proposal/critique
of a proposal/alternative should be accounted for in 4.0, and
references to the 4.0 wiki, when you send email to cc-licenses. If you
do, Diane or I will approve as soon as one of us sees it. If you don't
it will probably languish, and might eventually get forwarded to
cc-community, or approved if we're lazy and it is marginal.

cc-community is unmoderated and has about 100 more subscribers than
cc-licenses (600 vs 500). It is where rapid back and forth
increasingly untethered from 4.0 but having anything at all to do with
the commons can happen, and is encouraged. Some meta-issues related to
4.0 probably need to be hashed out there before they're brought back
as concrete proposals -- please do that (and add to the wiki) as
appropriate.

Apologies for threadbreaks that occur when I moderate messages to
cc-community.

Thanks,
Mike