cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Most important feature: GPL-compatibility

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Anthony <osm AT inbox.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Most important feature: GPL-compatibility
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 22:07:55 -0500

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Francesco Poli
<invernomuto AT paranoici.org> wrote:
>  * CC-by-sa-v4.0 should include an explicit one-way conversion clause
> that would allow redistribution of the work under the terms of the GNU
> GPL version 2 or any later version

That would have some major unintended consequences (at least I think
they're unintended). For instance, you could take a CC-BY-SA book,
distribute it in LaTeX format under GPL, and then anyone distributing
a copy of the book would have to include an offer for the LaTeX
source.