cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CCZero already being used?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jordan S Hatcher <jordan AT opencontentlawyer.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CCZero already being used?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:30:50 +0000

On 14 Feb 2008, at 16:40, Mike Linksvayer wrote:

On 2/14/08, Jordan S Hatcher <jordan AT opencontentlawyer.com> wrote:
at public resource?

<http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/0_README.html>

<http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/big_news_in_the_free_law_depar.html>

Did I miss something? I thought this was still in development.

See bug #2 at the first URL.

This is still in development and I'm not encouraging deployment at
this point, at least not without knowledge that it will change and
deployers will need to do whatever work will be necessary to migrate
to the fully released tools when the tools are ready. As indicated by
the bug, Public.Resource.Org is aware of this.

Sure -- I read it -- but I was just curious given this comment on Lessig's blog:

"This is just the first step in this joint venture that CC and public.resource.org have launched. Stay tuned for more public acts of manumission, soon. Thanks especially to Carl for making this happen, and the generous support of the funders for making this happen in a different sense."
<http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/big_news_in_the_free_law_depar.html>

This appears that CC was intimately involved in the project. Given that there is another existing non-beta option -- the current public domain dedication:

<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/>

I was wondering about the status.

Thanks!

~Jordan

Mike

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
<http://opendatacommons.org>

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007