cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Seeking feedback on Tranche's CC0 beta implementation.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jayson Falkner <jfalkner AT umich.edu>
  • To: "P. C. Andrews" <andrewsp AT umich.edu>, Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Seeking feedback on Tranche's CC0 beta implementation.
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:01:14 -0500

Yes, when a user selects 'custom' the user is then prompted to enter their name, contact info, and whatever license information they choose. We encourage either a link to a proper license or the inclusion of the actual license text. Whatever is entered is added as a plain text file to the Tranche upload (license.txt), meaning that the Tranche hash reflects the exact choice of custom licensing versus CC0.

Cheers,
Jayson

P. C. Andrews wrote:
Jayson- Under the CC0 license, if the user indicates that the reason for asserting that the file is free of copyright and they chose "Other" as the checkbox, do you collect documentation for what that "other" is?
-P

Jayson Falkner wrote:
I'm writing on behalf of the Tranche team. Based on the recent CC0 chooser changes we're revamped Tranche to be what hope is a good example of a CC0 supporting tool. Some documentation is now on-line, and I'd really appreciate hearing feedback from users, particularly those who don't yet know about Tranche.

1. Does our CC0 documentation seem user friendly and intuitive?
2. Is it clear how Tranche benefits CC0 users?

Thanks to all who help. Please send comments directly to me: jfalkner AT umich.edu.

Tranche CC0 Implementation Documentation:
http://www.proteomecommons.org/dev/dfs/examples/sciencecommons/

Tranche Homepage:
http://tranche.proteomecommons.org

Jayson Falkner