cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Permission to publish a photo of a person

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: paola.dimaio AT gmail.com
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Permission to publish a photo of a person
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:44:45 +0700

It is generally accepted that if you were a journalist publishing for
a newspaper, you would not need permission, as (unfortunately
sometimes) photos in newspapers are advocated as
'freedom of the press'.
As you are thinking of book publishing, I suspect you need
permissions, and you will have to indicate in what countries the book
is going to be published

You may also have to check up the privacy agaist freedom of
information regulations in your country, and if unsure, look up the
jurisprudence (how other cases have been handled before)

let us know what you find out
pdm