cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] author's rights over the work under CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: paola.dimaio AT gmail.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] author's rights over the work under CC
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:39:19 +0700

Greetings,
just subscribed

In Thailand and India a group of us is working on CC translations, and
we are coming across lots of questions that nobody can understand. So
any help in understanding the licenses is appreciated

How can an author who is licensing their work under CC prevent someone
to use the work
in a way that is not approved by the author (for example to do
something unethical)

Is there a license/clause that allows the author to say 'no you may
not' use my work (in case the use is questionable or unethical) or '
you may use my work under the following conditions' - I see scope for
a section of 'additional clauses' that may be added by an author to a
CC license

please assist

Paola Di Maio