cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Virgin Mobile use of CC - again

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jessica Coates" <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: <cci AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Virgin Mobile use of CC - again
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 16:32:14 +1000

Hi all

Following on from the discussion last week of Virgin Mobile’s use of CC licensed Flickr photos in an ad campaign, one of our volunteers and I have put together an article discussing some of the issues, including the ethical issues and the licence interpretation.

It’s going in the next iCommons Lab Report – but I thought I’d bounce it to the CC lists in case anyone had any comments.

You can find the article here: http://www.icommons.org/articles/virgin-mobile-asleep-on-the-job

Jessica Coates

Creative Commons Australia

ph: 07 3138 8301