cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Watermark of CC license for art

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Watermark of CC license for art
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:42:49 -0400

On Monday 21 May 2007 03:28 pm, shirish wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there a way to watermark an artistic work (photo) with CC
> licenses in a a discrete corner or something?

I have some scripts that will put a border around images with CC (or other)
text in the border. You can see an example here:

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/44809

If you don't see the image on that page, follow the link : "Link to full size
image"

Let me know if you would like to get a hold of the scripts.

iirc, my scripts use imagemagick...

this link discusses using the same program to put on watermarks:

http://studio.imagemagick.org/pipermail/magick-users/2003-November/011276.html

so you may be able to mix the two to do what you want.

> Thanx in advance.

(da idea man)