cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC strategic elements

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Joachim Durchholz <jo AT durchholz.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC strategic elements
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:41:10 +0200

Björn Terelius schrieb:
I agree with you, it would be good to have the quantization of rights
that CC provides, available for software too.

In the long term, I do want to discuss software licenses, but not now and not in this thread.
Right now, I'd like to find out what's stable ground and what isn't within CC.

Unfortunately, people seem worried that trying to "compete" with the
FSF might result in a political backlash. I'm not sure whether the
worry is justified, or what form that backlash would take, so I'm not
qualified to comment on that.

I agree, and I don't think that even the FSF or RMS could say what would happen.
However, that's for another discussion. Right now, I'd like to get the basics straight.

Regards,
Jo