cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 used in a commercial software

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "michael" <amld AT maindrop.com>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 used in a commercial software
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:26:33 +0100

Hallo,

I've a question relating to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/, which is used by the Tango Icon Library (http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project):

If I got it right, it should be OK, if I change icons.
But would it be allowed to use these changed icons within a toolbar of a commercial software?
Would it be enough, if I place a license file in the same folder as the icon are?
Is it allowed, that the software uses a completely different license model and that only the changed icons are published with the same CC-license?

Thanks for your replies!

Regards,
Michael

  • [cc-licenses] Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 used in a commercial software, michael, 03/14/2007