cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] airplay royalties

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Lucas Gonze" <lucas.gonze AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] airplay royalties
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:53:45 -0800

Hi Bjorn,

On 1/3/07, Bjorn Wijers <mailings AT bdisfunctional.net> wrote:
As far as I know, the cc license applies to the work itself and not a
specific technical detail such as the encoding.

Ok, now I think it's time for somebody who actually *is* a lawyer. :0

Can somebody from the legal side at CC make an unambiguous statement
about the scope of a CC license? Does it apply to the composition,
sound recording, or file?

ps: Also see a previous thread about this:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-community/2006-December/001444.html

:(

I see that I have not been following the list well enough. I should
have done back reading before jumping in.

-Lucas