cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Attribution license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mark Brown <broonie AT sirena.org.uk>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Attribution license
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:54:06 +0100

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 06:53:50PM -0400, drew Roberts wrote:

> Even if we agree... What are we to do when all platforms are thus
> restricted
> and we cannot get our hands on unrestricted platforms. Will someone please
> address this.

One answer is that people who want free platforms can produce a platform
that they want to use (or convince someone else to do so, for example by
paying them). Another answer is that if it is not possible to
distribute an unencumbered version which can reasonably be used to
exercise the rights in the license then one might reasonably question if
the unencumbered copy requirement were being satisfied (this applies
both with and without allowing parallel distribution).