cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses and Zune DRM are a good match?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Elad Wieder" <ewieder AT creativecommons.org.il>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses and Zune DRM are a good match?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 01:31:41 +0200

The first footnote sais: " Zune-to-Zune sharing feature may not be available for all songs on your device..."
I based my opinion on that.

Elad.

On 10/4/06, Jaroslaw Lipszyc <jl AT creativecommons.pl> wrote:
Elad Wieder wrote:

> Microsoft, IMO, enable the sharing feature only for files downloaded
> from their new music store (like iTunes)

How you came to this conclusion? Fact sheet i know
(http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/zune/docs/ZuneFS.doc) says:
"Wireless Zune-to-Zune sharing. Zune lets you spontaneously share
selected full-length sample tracks of your favorite songs, homemade
recordings, playlists or pictures with friends wirelessly, device to
device. You can listen to any song you receive up to three times in
three days. And if you like a song you hear and want to buy it, you can
flag it right on your device to easily find it later."
I can't see anything which will support you theory, but maybe you have
some more recent data?
greetings
Jaroslaw Lipszyc