cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Subject: Re: Version 3.0 - List Discussion Responses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Subject: Re: Version 3.0 - List Discussion Responses
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 14:44:40 +0100

Evan Prodromou wrote:

All I'm hearing is that DRM is making great inroads. I agree. Locking
ourselves out of the game just to be sniffy is a bad idea.

Nobody is proposing "sniffiness". Greg has provided one coherent account of the reasons for not working with DRM.

Using the
platforms but preserving users' rights is the best way to deal with this
situation.

The entire point of vendor DRM is that it removes users' rights.

- Rob.