cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Restricting Derivative Works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Restricting Derivative Works
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:14:25 -0500

Terry Hancock wrote:
Rob Myers wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2006, at 22:46, Terry Hancock wrote:
>> Terry Hancock wrote:
>>>
>>> Greg has said nothing to indicate that you *would* do this. The
>>> point is that you legally *could*
>>
>> Friend Phil has just replied to me off-list to say, basically,
>> 'yes he did' (if he wants a more accurate portrayal, he can post
>> here, IMHO).
>
> I really don't think Greg did.

Yes, verifiably -- I've been following the thread. ;-)

That's "yes, I agree with you", not "yes he did".

I'm sorry -- I was a little miffed at Phil for doing what I consider
to be a breach of etiquette. However, I probably should've
just ignored it.

I am curious about finding empirical data to back up the
copyleft/free versus proprietary/assignment argument,
though (But I posted that separately and CC'd to community,
because it's now off-topic).

Cheers,
Terry