cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Color-coding

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: tomislav medak <to-me AT mi2.hr>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Color-coding
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:38:09 +0200

mike is already in this thread and he can fill you up on the proposal
which was circulated more in detail, but i can say that the coloring
coding is not the most important feature in the proposed new CC buttons.
new CC buttons would also include either abbreviations or icons
indicating what is the exact CC license being used.

i found these buttons great improvement over the existing one, as it
carried the information that otherwise you can get only if you go and
see to what license does the button link to, provided metadata are
implemented as they should be.

i personlly find mozCC plugin for firefox a great help in that it does
exactly that - indicate iconically what are key license elements in
metadata present on the web page being browsed.

tom