cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Question about NoDerivs licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Eric Garner <ejgarner AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Question about NoDerivs licenses
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:25:37 -0800 (PST)

Does a CC NoDerivs license prohibit use of a song
so-licensed in a podcast? I've seen websites for
podcasting with CC-licensed music post notices like
this on many occasions:
"Notice: Creative Commons licenses with the NoDerivs
2.0 provision permit the copy, distribution, display,
and performance of work, providing that no altering,
transforming, or building upon this work is
accomplished. Using standard DJ intros, outros and
mixing within a podcast or other Internet broadcast
does not constitute creating a derivative work."
Before I use any music with a NoDerivs license, I
would like advice on whether the above statement is
considered true.
Thanks

  • [cc-licenses] Question about NoDerivs licenses, Eric Garner, 03/14/2006