cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC Sampling Plus to BY-SA

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC Sampling Plus to BY-SA
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:06:23 -0500

On Thursday 16 February 2006 06:49 pm, Mike Linksvayer wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 18:38 -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> > Can anyone amoung the designers of the sampling plus license comment?
> > What licenses are safe to use if you make a new work containing material
> > licensed under a sampling plus license?
>
> You might want to ask on the cc-sampling list, but I don't recall
> compatibility with other licenses being considered.

I am not disputing this, but it seems odd. The license allows commercial use
of samples and mashups etc. It does not specify SA so that seems to indicate
that using other licenses is considered OK. And yet no one considered which
other licenses would be OK and which not?

> Also see the matrix at
> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#I_used_part_of_a
>_Creative_Commons-licensed_work.2C_which_Creative_Commons_license_can_I_reli
>cense_my_work_under.3F

Thanks for the pointer to the matrix. It answeres a lot of questions. I think
it is incomplete though. There needs to be a traditional copyright option
(row or column but not both? looks like row.)

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145