cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] One site -- different licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Supras Consult" <post AT supras.biz>
  • To: <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] One site -- different licenses
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:34:14 +0100

I operate a website (http://www.cbnrm.net/index.html) that uses the Attribution-Sharealike license.

This license may not be the best solution for the whole site, however. This applies, in particular, to a Newsletter Series and a Paper Series that are available on the site. The Newsletter Series (http://www.cbnrm.net/resources/newsletters/index.html) and the Paper Series (http://www.cbnrm.net/resources/papers/index.html) currently uses Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike licenses. In these two cases I am thinking of using another license, namely Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivativeWorks, instead.

My question is this: how does one go about implementing two (or more) different licenses on the same site? Concretely, in my case the home page states that the license applying to this site is the Attribution-ShareAlike license, while a more restrictive license applies to two specific pages. Do I have to include information about this in the text next to the Creative Commons logos on all the three pages? Or should I prepare a specific page that all the Creative Commons logos links to and where this is explained? Or is there another simpler and more effective way?

Regards, Lars Soeftestad
Kristiansand, Norway