cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Granularity on non-commercial restrictions

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Granularity on non-commercial restrictions
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:26:00 -0500

On Friday 25 November 2005 10:27 am, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> this thread is getting interesting, because it scratches also
> aesthetical opinions. (I like that)
>
> drew Roberts wrote:
> > What, you can't suppress your needs?
>
> no...

Now I understand - see below.

> >>You're limiting yourself that way ;-)
> >
> > No, I am in fact working on setting myself free. I want my mind to be
> > filled with things that I can legally build upon if I get the
> > inspiration, not with things I have to lock away because of possible
> > copyright violations.
>
> If I get inspired, I just ignore any legal issues, I have no fear to
> shred copyrighted music, only if I would want to spread it, but that has
> nothing to do with creating music...

Gotcha. I do the same, but it hurts not to be able to share freely, hence the
effort to give my attention to media that will not have this effect if I wish
to build upon it.

> I'd like to hear some of your music, or see your work, whatever it is...
> any links?

Here is a start:

http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%28creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22%29%20OR%20%28collection%3A%28ourmedia%29%20AND%20%2Fmetadata%2Fauthor%3A%28drew%20Roberts%29%29