cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] "commercial" use of Att/Share-alike materials

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] "commercial" use of Att/Share-alike materials
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:47:34 -0400

On Tue, 2005-18-10 at 13:49 -0700, Wrye Modder wrote:
Movie as a derivative work (from section 1b of 2.5
by-sa license): "For the avoidance of doubt, where the
Work is a musical composition or sound recording, the
synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a
moving image ("synching") will be considered a
Derivative Work for the purpose of this License."

IANAL, and I'm new to the list, so perhaps someone
will correct me, but that seems pretty clear from the
license text.

Seems pretty clear to me, too.

~Evan