cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Use of derivatives by original author.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: longdead <longdead AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Use of derivatives by original author.
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:24:46 -0500

I am trying to figure out if any of the licenses would allow the original author the right to both sell their work and sell the work of any derivative no matter who makes it. For example, if I write a story and someone contributes to it I would want to be able to sell both the original and the derivative, while restricting any who makes a derivative to release only non-commercially and under the share alike provisions.

It seems like the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License would require the original author to be forced to use derivatives non-commercially. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for any help

Matt Carr
http://longdead.net